Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Drawn for Her...

About 2.5 years ago, I was commissioned to draw something that is pretty much out of my usual realm of realistic style ~ florals, portraits and fantasy ~ but I took the job because it was 1)for a Catholic bookstore and 2)a chance to explore something new.
I usually don't work with tight deadlines, as I do not work well under pressure. This commission, however, was something I found interesting and different...to illustrate a children's coloring book illustrating the 20 Mysteries of the Holy Rosary.
So, I agreed to go ahead and give it a shot. There was one stipulation to which I had to agree: I was to give up my rights to publish for any monetary reward any and all of these sketches/drawings. I agreed readily as this was not my usual way of drawing anyway ~ so what would I care? I do, however, have the right to publish for informational purposes only. These are not the finished pieces; they were actually done in coloring book style. These are the initial sketches, which I will post in my next entry.
So, stay tuned... ;)...

No comments: