Sunday, April 20, 2008

Boutenierre for the Groom...

Ok, well I did it. I designed a matching boutonnière as the third drawing in my daughter's wedding series.
Since the second design was actually closer to what she has in mind, I used the same ribbon design for this one, the same flowers...only difference is the fact that I used different grade colored pencils for this one.
As with the other two, these were done using Derwents, but not the usual ones.
While the first two were done with a mixture of Derwent's Graphitint, Studio and Metallic lines, and also a few Prismacolors and Verithins, this one was done strictly with the Drawing line from Derwent.
The color scheme is the same, but with a different line of colored pencils, the actual look of the same color can be completely different.
The next and most likely the final design will be for the Bridesmaids...maybe even the Maid of Honor. They will be similar, of course, but still a bit different...

No comments: