Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Next Thing...

Well, here it is, "in the virtual flesh" ~ so to speak. My daughter Andrea's bridal bouquet, which will be preserved by the same company that does all of the floral preservations for Walt Disney World, just as soon as I can get it to them.
I was surprised at how much it resembled the drawings I did, especially the second one. There were some differences, but there were also many similarities, from the roses and calla lilies to the print on the ribbons. The hydrangea, statice and snapdragons were added on as her later idea...
Anyway, in person it is one of the most gorgeous bouquets I have ever seen ~ not so much because I had any hand in the design, but simply because of:
1) the sentimental value
2) in person a flower is always better, in my humble opinion, no matter how talented the Artist, no matter how well-drawn the picture. Nature is better than any human interpretor.
Now, the next thing I have on my plate, aside from commissioned works, will be that pen&ink for my son Paul, more florals for Andrea's house, and also for my daughter Mary's condo ~ mostly tulips (her favorite flower).
I can't wait to get started... :) ...

No comments: