Saturday, June 20, 2009

for Mary...

Wow...has it really been this long since I posted in here? wow...
Anyway, enough of this brow-beating! I have something new to write about here at any rate, so here goes ~
I have finally ordered the Icarus drawing board, the larger size (20"x26"), so "YEA!" for me! :)
I am about to start (finally) those tulip drawings for Mary's condo, so I figure, why not?!? The results will be nothing short of amazing, if it lives up to all the hype, and judging by the drawings of Ester Roi, the Artist-inventor of this amazing new tool, I will have some drawings of which I can be very proud.
Here is a link to her website, and her rendition of "Into the Light" is nothing short of other-worldly in its beauty. She is truly a very talented lady.
http://esterroi.com/home
I chose this picture to illustrate this entry because my daughter Mary is a huge collector of lambs&sheep, and the tulip is her favorite flower...hence, the tulip series, lol.
And now I can't wait to get started! :)

6 comments:

Beatriz said...

hi, i LOVE your drawings, i would love to be an artist when i grow up
you can see my blog of drawings if you want:

http://my--drawings.blogspot.com/

see ya, hope you have a nice holiday :D

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

Why, thank-you very much! :) It's always nice to hear when someone enjoys what I do...
And, sweetie, I know you are only 11, but I went to your Blog, and I have news for you: you are ALREADY an Artist!
Your work shows this to be true. :)

Beatriz said...

thanks :DD

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

hi Beatriz ~ I just thought I would share something with you, speaking of being an Artist, as opposed to wanting to become one, lol... This is an entry I wrote for my General Blog awhile back, and it tells how I believe that if you are good (which I think you are) and if this is what you love to do anyway, then you are already there! All you have to do is practice every chance you get! ;)
Just go here:
http://jenn39.blogspot.com/2008/08/entry-for-january-12-2007-being.html
...and keep in touch!

Beatriz said...

oh my god did you really started practicing drawing when you were 3? i started when i was like 8
and a nice post too :)

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

lol...yes, as far as I can remember, that's about right. Of course I was a far cry from what I am able to do now, but I really have been doing this since I was old enough to hold a pencil...
It would have been interesting to see some of those early scribblings, eh? ;)