Friday, November 5, 2010

My Review of Etch A Sketch Classic Board in Pink

Originally submitted at Toys and Games Online



Features:

  • Classic board
  • Etch A Sketch collection
  • Color: Pink
  • Enjoy timeless classic with a simple twist of its renowned white knobs
  • Shake the magic screen to start all over
  • With the world's favorite drawing toy, the fun is endle...

very nice!

By JennD from MI on 11/5/2010

3out of 5

Pros: Stores Easily, Long Lasting, Lasting Fun

Cons: Lines are a bit faint

Best Uses: Long Term Use, Art

Describe Yourself: Parent

Primary use: Personal

Was this a gift?: No

I have been a user of the Etch-A-Sketch since I was a child, so probably for all of the 50 years of its existence. (I am 60 years old now.) Being an Artist, I can easily relate to its uses; it holds a real fascination for me, readily available when I cannot bring along a sketchbook... This particular model, although fun because of the unique color, seems to have a problem with the quality of the lines ~ I ordered one from Ohio Art's website & it seemed to be "light" with their visibility...I returned it, got this one instead & found it to be nearly the same. The only difference was that the erasure mechanism works better on this one than it did on the other.
I would always recommend an Etch-A-Sketch to anyone looking for a fun hobby to pass the time, but I would rather use one of my other ones (I also own the Anniversary edition w/ gold screen & knobs & the inventor's signature; 3 travel sized- models & 1 mini model) just because with them I don't have to re-trace over lines to get them to show. (And admittedly, with the curves, that can be a real problem.)
All in all, I give this one 3 stars ~ fun to use, as always, but the drawings could be darker, which is a bit disappointing.

(legalese)

No comments: